Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A new pace


I’ve noticed myself quietly sitting on the couch more often lately than I have in five years.  I’m not sure what to think of it.  Possibly the kids are just getting easier.  Perhaps I’m finally used to parenthood.  Maybe we have finally hit a calmer routine since it’s been two or more years since we’ve moved, had job changes or had babies.  Or possibly the calm before the storm!  I don’t ever want to say parenting gets easier at any phase, I think we just face different obstacles at each stage.  Next year the boys will be school and our kids will become more self-sufficient but we will become the bus driver shuttling kids between activities.  I’m not sure I’m ready for this stage, I like hanging out in our neighborhood.  However, I will take this phase any day over dating, driver’s license and teenage decision making. 

As for now, I guess I will continue to take it all in.  The boys seem to keep extra busy playing legos and can do so many things without my assistance these days.  Olivia seems to do her best to do what her brothers are doing.  She can be challenging at times with 20 month old- I’m doing this myself or I’ll scream until you get me what I want moments – but more often than not she is cracking us up as we watch her learn and pick up new things.  Like her latest phase – hands in the pockets and she always wants to wear shirts with pockets.  And all the new things she says with the sweetest little smile. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter

Keith, Jess, Dylan, & Carter